Windows 7/lenovo thinkpad not starting up

Question
Hi Mark,
I have been using Lenovo thinkpad L420 laptop andfor last 2 days whenever I am trying to start it I am getting a black screen with the pointer but the system is not functioning. Even when I trying to shut it down , its not shutting down so I have to turn off the power butto.
Last time I had put it in sleep mode when the system was installing an antivirus, has it got something to do with that???
Please help out
Danny

Answer
Hello Danny,

Merry Christmas. The best option I would give you is get into BIOS and set it to SYSTEM DEFAULT SETTINGS.

Then the next thing is to consult LENOVO Support Team. These will perform remote diagnostics for you.

Good Luck.

Kind Regards,
Lenny.

Windows 7

Lenny