Windows 7/MP3 Player Problem

Question
QUESTION: Well, back during the good old days (last month) I could import a CD onto iTunes, then it would appear on Windows Media Player. From there, I would plug in my MP3 player into the USB port and the MP3 player would read "USB Connected". Then, I could drag the CD into the "Sync" tab, hit sync, and then the album and all its glory would appear on my MP3 player. Today, I recently purchased a CD and imported it to iTunes, like always, and then I plugged in my MP3 player. This time, however, the MP3 player read "USB Transferring", and Windows Media Player claimed that a device was not connected. So, I went to "Computer" and found that the MP3 player wasn't on there and I couldn't access the songs on there like I used to. So, I went to "Devices and Hardware" and, surprisingly, my MP3 player was on there. But, when I clicked on it to view properties, it said "Not Responding" and I had to close the window. After repeated trials, I found that the same things mentioned above happens every time, including the "Devices and Hardware" not responding. To be sure, I tried plugging my MP3 player into my mother's laptop and it worked fine. In fact, I could've added song of her songs on there if I actually liked them. Anyway, I use Windows 7, I'm so-so at navigating it, I have no idea how a computer works other than you type and use the mouse which things happen on the monitor, and my computer says it's a 64-bit system HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC.

ANSWER: Thanks for your question!

Seeing as how you know how to get to device manager, let's get a simple troubleshooting step out of the way.

1. Unplug the mp3 player.

2. Open Device Manager and find your mp3 player on the list of devices.

3. Right Click and select the Uninstall option.

4. After uninstalling, restart your computer.

5. Plug your mp3 player back in after you have logged on to your computer.  When you plug it in, Windows 7 will then find and install appropriate drivers.

6. Try syncing your player again.

Best of luck. I look forward to hearing from you!

QUESTION: No, that didn't work. The computer said "Ready to use", but the mp3 player still say "USB Connected", and I still can't put any new songs on there or access any of the files on there.

ANSWER: Thanks for getting back with me.

When you plugged in the MP3 player, does the AutoRun dialogue pop-up?  Also, does it appear in "Computer"?

QUESTION: No, it does not.

Answer
Ok.  Seeing as how the computer isn't recognizing it as a mass storage device, try the following:

1. Locate the device in "Device Manager" under "Portable Devices"

2. Right click and select "Update Driver"

3. Do not search Windows Update for a driver, instead, tell it you want to select from a list of devices.

4. Select "USB Mass Storage Device".

This process should make the device show up in "Computer" again.
If this isn't able to solve your problem, I will try to suggest further troubleshooting options.

Best of luck!

Windows 7

Chris