Windows 7/edit a program

Dear Mike,
I wonder if you could kindly advise me how I might go about "looking inside" a program with a view to modifying or editing it so as to make a small alteration to the function?
Thanking you,
Ken Tourle.

Hello Kenneth

Since every program created is done so with various programming methods, such as C++, Ruby, unlike the old days of programming in Basic language, most times you are going to first need to be a programmer to be able to even get as far as "looking inside" therefore what I might suggest if you are interested in this sort of thing is first get to know the program you are interested in by contacting the maker of said program. If you click on HELP there will be ABOUT and this will tell you where you can get more information.

As with simply getting to know the program inside out, I always say to check out the  "tools/Preferences" section of the program. I suggest reading a blog post here that I created with regards to this:

in case this is actually what you are looking for.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.