Windows 7/ios 6 updates

Hey Mike,
I know this site is for windows related questions. But since you are very experienced on IOS and iphones, I have a question in that category. I just bought an Iphone 5 and it is scheduled to be activated tomorrow morning. As I understand it comes with IOS6. Should I upgrade it to 6.1 immediately? Do I have to upgrade to 6.0.1 first? Is the upgrade worth it? I know a lot of people regretted to upgrading from IOS5 to IOS6,

Thanks a lot!!

Hello Nevzat (Do I know you?)

Actually yes, I could answer this but shouldn't since this is not the correct category, but since I am sure I know who this is, (you should be emailing me directly) I will answer..

As with any operating system and the updates that become available, they are important and yes, you absolutely should upgrade your phone immediately.. in the case of IOS 6.1 there are many security/bug fixes as well as potentially better battery life.  The reason you may have heard that you shouldn't is probably because you are hearing it from people that want to 'jailbreak' or unlock their phones and have problems doing so when there is a new release of operating system.  In the case of the Iphone 5 they have now jailbroken it so it is only a matter of time before the latest IOS 6.1 is as well, not that you should be doing so.. in fact the only reason I would have ever done so was to utilize the personal hotspot which is now a standard feature on the latest iphones anyway.

I hope this helps.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.