Windows 7/Installing Dual Operating Systems in Smartphones and Tablets Devices.

QUESTION: Dear Chris

Is it possible to install multiple Operating Systems in a single Smartphone, Tablet Device ?.

i.e. Dual Booting a Smartphone or Tablet device with multiple mobile operating systems.

For examples :

1. Windows mobile 7 Os and Android 4.4 Os.
2. Android 4.4 Os and iphone os 7.
3. iphone os 7 and Windows mobile 7 Os.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Thanks for your question!

This is my (best) understanding in regards to this.  I am not familiar with IOS, so I will just say what I know about Android.  I wouldn't want to lead you the wrong direction by pretending I knew.

Natively, there isn't a way to install Android (to my knowledge) just straight up on a PC because they are coded for ARM architecture processors, and don't support x86 or x64.  There is, however, an Android emulator that I, myself have used in the past.  The emulator is included with the Android SDK, and simulates a phone.  The SDK download is HERE and the documentation for how to use it is located HERE.  For a list of common commands, there is that information HERE.

I hope that helps.  If you need clarification or further suggestions, feel free to ask, and I will do my best to help!

QUESTION: Dear Chris

Thank you.

Is it possible to have multiple BOOT ROM chips installed on the Mobile Devices viz Smartphones and Tablets ?.

Example : ROM 1 has Bios program option, ROM 2 has Windows 7 Os installed, ROM 3 has Android Os Installed on the Smartphone/Tablet Device.

The user gets a option to select BIOS program FROM ROM 1 chip
i.e. By pressing specific function key or any other key on the smartphone or tablet device which can access BIOS program.

If user selects Boot from ROM 2, Windows 7 Os will boot from ROM 2.
If user selects Boot from ROM 3, Android Os will boot from ROM 3.

Will this work ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I will research the topic a bit.  

I would also be interested in you reporting the results of what happened during your trial and error process throughout this whole deal.

I wouldn't say that what you are talking about is impossible, but the best advice I could give would be to try it if you are confident enough to do so, and work out the bugs along the way.  I am always here, also, to offer input along the way if you need it.

Best of luck!

Windows 7

I have familiarized myself with the windows environment since Windows 95. Windows 7 is one of the best operating systems i am familiar with, and am willing to help anybody with problems they may have. Be it hardware, software, or simply the Windows environment itself.

I have repaired computers most of my life. I am the site administrator of many websites for businesses including (but not limited to): (my site),, and more. I do local computer repair in my area and have a very satisfied clientele.

I am a Network Engineer at Southern Illinois Network Consultants and an EOD Technician for the U.S. Army.

I am currently a student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. I am majoring in Criminal Justice with a second major in Computer Science.

Corporation Ambassador for Courtesy Corporation.

Valley Ranch and Cabins - Wisconsin