Windows 7/white bar

Question
hi..when i turned the pc on today, a white rectangular bar shows up in the left corner on the upperside of the screen. i tried a system restore, but that did not work. do you have any idea what that is and how to get rid of it? thanks so much!!

Answer
Thanks for your question!

Just so I can get a better idea, would you be able to screenshot your screen for me?

To do so, click on the Start Button and type "Snipping Tool" in the search box.  When you find it, open it up.

From there, drag and make a rectangle selection over the area with the white box.  From there, it will ask you to save. For convenience, just save it to your desktop.  When you have it saved, you can attach the image to your response.

Thanks!

Windows 7

Chris