Windows 7/win 7 clean install

Question
I purchased a win 7 home premium disk.  I have done a clean install before, but I wonder if i did it right.  It shows two partitions.  Do I delete them both and create one big one?  Just wondering.  Thanks in advance.  I've done research all over the net, but most answers are about blank hard drives, or upgrades.  Can't find the right answer.

Answer
Generally, I like to create two partitions: one for the OS and apps, and another for my data (this is in machines that don't have two physical drives). Be careful, however, because one of those partitions might be a system restore partition (especially if that's a laptop computer).

Windows 7

Richard Rost