Windows 7/excel formulas

in excel, how do I create a formula for the following, if the value in cell a1 is greater than 30 and less than 61 enter the value shown in cell b1 otherwise enter the value as 0.

Hi Ed!

There are several ways you could do this, but the simplest method is to put this formula in cell B1:

IF statements work like this:  =IF(someTest, true-do this, false-do this).  For example:  IF(A1>30, A1, 0) translates to: test if A1 is greater than 30, if so print A1's value, if not print 0.

You could do a double IF statement to test whether is is also less than 61 [=IF(A1>30,IF(A1<61,A1,0),0)] but you can use the special "AND" function which tells Excel to check that BOTH statements are true.

Feel free to follow up with any additional questions.

Good luck!

Windows 7

PowerEdge Tech

I can answer nearly all questions about Windows 7 - installation, upgrade, virtualization (XP Mode and beyond), configuration, how to get the most out of it, how to buy it, etc. I won't pretend to know it all - nobody can - if I don't know, I will try and find the answer. If I can't find it, I'll tell you.

I worked as an analyst in Dell server support for 2 years, and have since worked with many Dell PowerEdge servers. I am currently employed as IT Manager. I have been using Windows 7 since the early Beta days.

I have a BS in Computer Science and have earned the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, A+, Project+; CIW Web Design, Database Specialist; Microsoft Windows 7; Dell DCSE Server. I am also an expert in Windows 7, Servers, and Hard Drives (I don't normally do XP - not because I don't know it inside and out, but because I have "retired" personal support for XP, and I want to see it die :)).