Windows 7/High CPU usage

Question
I am receiving the occasional notification from Norton, in the bottom right of screen, for high CPU usage along with a small picture of a spike. Please can you tell me why this is happening and what it means? Should I take any action, such as turning off? Many thanks.

Answer
Hi there

High CPU usage isnt always a problem, it just depends if your running alot of programs or CPU intensive programs.

next time you get it:

press CTRL-ALT-DEL , then pick "start task manager", select "processes", you should now get a list of programs/processes running, select "CPU" column you might have to click it a couple of times but you should see the highest % usage at the top now.

Regards

scott

Windows 7

scott bartholomew