Windows 7/Passwords

I am the administrator of a Windows 7 32 Bit system and have set up a password for my files. However, I now find that I am no longer in need of a password and can't find a way of getting rid of it. Changing the password is a snap, but eliminating it ???. Can you help?

Thanks for your question!

Easiest way to remove a Windows password is to do the following.

1. Click the Start button > Then select "Control Panel".  

2. Find "User Accounts"

3. Make sure the account you want to remove the password of is selected.

4. Select "Remove Your Password"

5. It will prompt you to enter your password one last time to confirm.

6. Click "Remove Password" and you're done!

Windows 7

I have familiarized myself with the windows environment since Windows 95. Windows 7 is one of the best operating systems i am familiar with, and am willing to help anybody with problems they may have. Be it hardware, software, or simply the Windows environment itself.

I have repaired computers most of my life. I am the site administrator of many websites for businesses including (but not limited to): (my site),, and more. I do local computer repair in my area and have a very satisfied clientele.

I am a Network Engineer at Southern Illinois Network Consultants and an EOD Technician for the U.S. Army.

I am currently a student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. I am majoring in Criminal Justice with a second major in Computer Science.

Corporation Ambassador for Courtesy Corporation.

Valley Ranch and Cabins - Wisconsin