Windows 7/Windows 7 error message

Hello, this is a new computer running windows 7, we get the following message: AppData\Local\Temp\WERFBA0.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

and it shuts the anti virus off and stalls other programs. It seems to be associated with Windows Explorer, so what is it and how can we fix it?
Thank you

Hello Jim

I suggest visiting my website at and read the TIPS page on OPTIMIZING your computer ( ) . Then go to the SOFTWARE/SUPPORT page ( )and install all of the items from the pink section. Particularly CCLEANER, MALWAREBYTES, SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY and SPYWAREBLASTER as they will help with the ongoing cleaning, removal and maintenance from the malware/spyware issues. CCLEANER has three steps, the first will be to clean the temp files, the second is from the Applications Tab you run CLEAN again and finally the REGISTRY from the TOOLS which will clear out any issues left over from uninstalled and problem software.  Use this link to learn how to use CCLEANER properly:

Hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting  

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.