Windows 7/blank screen

at one time my computer had a large update (windows 7) ever since then when I open a web page link from my gmail acct. two blank screens open up then the one the link is for. what is wrong and how do I correct it?

Seasons Greetings George,

You should be using CHROME as your browser if you aren't, please do.. especially since you have a google account, this integrates very well. Next you will want to make sure you are up to date with regards to all windows updates, not just the critical ones (what they recommend) but also any other drivers and additional updates.  Next you will want to perform a few malware scans and cleaning.  I suggest visiting my website at and read the TIPS page on OPTIMIZING your computer. Then visit the SOFTWARE/SUPPORT page where you should install all the items from the PINK section which will include CCLEANER and MALWAREBYTES, both of these are very good at keeping your system free and clear of the malware/spyware issues as well as possibly fixing the problems you are currently having.

The following link will help you with using CCLEANER the best possible way:

I hope this helps,

Happy Holidays!

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting  

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.