Windows 7/Log on problem

I have a ASUS laptop with window 7 starter. Recently when i switched on my laptop to log on i was not able to log on when asked to key in the password after the ASUS screen came out.When I keyed in the password the message appeared as below:
"The user profile service failed the log on.
User profile cannot be loaded."
So my question is how do i log on again?
Is there a way to bypass this password?
Please help.
Thank you.

Boot into Safe Mode ( so you get the administrator account and follow the instructions at:

There are 3 suggested methods to fix this. I suggest method #2 where you copy your data to another account. You can look at all 3 options and see which one suites you best.

Windows 7

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science