Windows 7/System restore

Question
QUESTION: I have an HP desktop and laptop, on neither one will the system restore set them back to an earlier time. The system restore will go through the process then say no changes made. I have also tried in safe mode with the same result.

ANSWER: Evening

Could you explain why you are needing to do a system restore?

have you had any system changes on either machine? System Restore affects Windows system files, programs, and registry settings, it doesn't save any personal files.  if none of the system files have changed then nothing will be "restored"

Regards

scott

QUESTION: Was just having a little trouble and wanted to restore back to a date before problems began but system restore would not work.

ANSWER: hi there

have you checked the event logs in windows? you can do this by:

WIN key | type EVENTVWR.MSC | ENTER key

let me know what It says

Regards

scott   

QUESTION: Not sure if I went the place or exactly how to get there but the place I did go had nothing there.

Answer
hi there

sorry I didn't see you had responded until now.

nothing there?  do you know how to use event viewer?  You have to select on left pane, the usual is windows event logs and "application" and "system"  logs, you search for the date and time you tried system restore, you can only select one at a time and they take a while to load up.

Also can you explain what options you picked for the system restore aswel, normally not much will happen, it will restart just like when it installs updates, do you see anything like that?

scott

Windows 7

scott bartholomew