Windows 7/Software Support (Introducing Windows Operating System)

The questions ask List four major functions of an OS.

My answer:
Function 1: Provide a user interface
Function 2: Manage files
Function 3: Manage hardware
Function 4: Manage applications

Is my answer correct?

Yes.  This answer is correct.  I apologize for the late reply.  I guess I didn't receive your notification for your question.

This answer also has respects where it is incorrect.  For instance, not every OS has a user interface (DOS, Linux CMD Based, etc.).  I would say an OS is for the following:

-Manage memory
-Manage Processes (including threads)
-Managing files
-Managing devices.

Windows 7

I have familiarized myself with the windows environment since Windows 95. Windows 7 is one of the best operating systems i am familiar with, and am willing to help anybody with problems they may have. Be it hardware, software, or simply the Windows environment itself.

I have repaired computers most of my life. I am the site administrator of many websites for businesses including (but not limited to): (my site),, and more. I do local computer repair in my area and have a very satisfied clientele.

I am a Network Engineer at Southern Illinois Network Consultants and an EOD Technician for the U.S. Army.

I am currently a student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. I am majoring in Criminal Justice with a second major in Computer Science.

Corporation Ambassador for Courtesy Corporation.

Valley Ranch and Cabins - Wisconsin