Windows 7/Reloading Win 7

I took my pc to a local shop to get it fixed and they told me they had to drop it back to windows vista in order to work on it. They fixed the problem (bad ram) and now I'm stuck with vista. Anyway I can go back to win 7 over the web cause i don't have a cd for it.

The answer is obvious... you need your installation DVD for it. If it's a newer PC or laptop, there MAY be a Windows 7 image on a hidden partition on your hard drive. You'll have to ask the PC manufacturer.

That computer shop should have NEVER dropped you down from Win 7 to Vista. I would complain and make THEM reset you to Windows 7... or upgrade to you Win 8.

Windows 7

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any questions about how to use Microsoft Windows 7. Also, please be sure to check the Windows Tips & Tricks and Windows 7 Tutorials sections of my web site.

I have been using Windows 7 since before it was released. I have been using all versions of Windows since the early 90s. I have been an Expert here on AllExperts for many years in the topics of Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.

I am the author of THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE to MICROSOFT EXCEL 2010. I have created a line of Windows computer tutorials online at and

Personally, I am self taught. I've learned everything I know from books and trial & error. If I don't know the answer, I know how to find it.

I have over 20,000 happy clients worldwide.