Windows 7/windows crash and restart

Hello Mike

I am using windows 7 premium 64 bit edition. When I hover the mouse over the internet explorer tab the aero peek cannot display (starts circling). This will happen when I open 2 tabs in internet explorer or I minimise the tab. I've tried both IE 9 and 10. Same thing happens. For other tabs it seems ok. Then the computer will shut down, a blue screen appears, top of the screen saying  igdpmd64.sys, and the computer will restart. After restart a dialog box will come up saying microsoft is looking for a solution. The message is:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
 OS Version: 6.1.7601.
 Locale ID: 17417

Additional information about the problem:
 BCCode: 50
 BCP1: FFFFF88102562FE0
 BCP2: 0000000000000000
 BCP3: FFFFF880058EEC75
 BCP4: 0000000000000005
 OS Version: 6_1_7601
 Service Pack: 1_0
 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

Thank you

Hello Eddie

It appears you are not alone with this issue. Checking the web for the error code you mentioned, it appears that you should do the following:

Try removing KB2670838. It is currently causing many problems.

As well I suggest visiting my website at and read the TIPS page on OPTIMIZING your computer. Then go to the SOFTWARE/SUPPORT page where I suggest installing all the programs from the PINK section as they will help with the ongoing cleaning/removal and maintenance from the malware/spyware issues that cause so many problems and slowdowns.

I hope this helps,

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.