Windows 7/windows shutdown

QUESTION: Hello Saed

I am using windows 7 premium 64 bit edition. When I hover the mouse over the internet explorer tab, the aero peek cannot display (starts circling). This will happen when I open 2 tabs in internet explorer or I minimise the tab. I've tried both IE 9 and 10. Same thing happens. For other tabs it seems ok. Then the computer will shut down, a blue screen appears, top of the screen saying  igdpmd64.sys, and the computer will restart. After restart a dialog box will come up saying microsoft is looking for a solution. The message is:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
 OS Version: 6.1.7601.
 Locale ID: 17417

Additional information about the problem:
 BCCode: 50
 BCP1: FFFFF88102562FE0
 BCP2: 0000000000000000
 BCP3: FFFFF880058EEC75
 BCP4: 0000000000000005
 OS Version: 6_1_7601
 Service Pack: 1_0
 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

ANSWER: Hello Eddie how are you doing
its an update issue that affected some laptops/desktop with certain ATI Radeon graphics adapter

you can read more about it here

for now id suggest uninstalling the following update
you can do that by going to control panel then swtich the view to large icons then click on programs and features
then click on view installed updates
locate KB2670838 and right click on it and click uninstall , then reboot
that should fix the problem temporary then goto control panel windows update click check for updates then click view updates and locate KB2670838 and right click on it and then click hide.

some people tried the following fix without uninstalling the update

Open the Catalyst Control Centre " you can find it in start menu then type in the search box catalyst

Go into Start/Power/Switchable graphics method
Select 'select the graphics processor manually or based on power source'.
Click apply.
Under PowerPlay, click the box to disable PowerPlay.

and try using internet explorer and see if it crashed.

if you need more help please feel free to contact me back
have a good day

QUESTION: Hello Saed

Thanks very much for your info. What I 've done, like you tell me is:

I did not uninstall the KB 2670838 yet, so I took the second step, catalyst control center.

In the start/power/switchable graphics method, I select the graphics processor manually or based on power source, like you said.

However under PowerPlay, I did NOT click the box to disable PowerPlay.

I tried and so far the IE tab did not crash when I hover the mouse, the aero peek seems ok.

Thank you again. Your reply is very much appreciated.

Hello Eddie
Powerplay is an energy saving option so by not disabling it shouldn't be a problem as long as the power options is set to manual or based on power source I think it will override it.
i'm glad it not crashing now

if you need more help please feel to contact me back anytime
have a wonderful day.

Windows 7

Saed Shawwa

I will do my best to answer all the questions that is related to Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System.

I am an experienced computer technical in the field of Networking , Hardware Support , Operating System Support and Troubleshooting.

Management Information Systems