Windows 7/Windows 7 Deployment

Question
What is the current simplest way to deploy Windows 7 Professional to several networked computers of differing hardware character?  Will any 3rd party software spare non-technical staff installation headaches?  There seem to be so many software toolsets related to this, knowing which to try is confusing.

Answer
Hi Donald!

"What is the current simplest way to deploy Windows 7 Professional to several networked computers of differing hardware character?"

Well, that depends on several things:

- Do you have a 2008/2008R2/2012 server from which you can deploy using WDS?
- Do you have an existing Windows image(s) that you want to deploy, or will it be installed from DVD/USB?
- Will this be a system-by-system deployment or a mass-deployment?
- You said "non-technical" ... will they have any technical assistance in either deploying or preparing the deployment (for example, a trained technical team could prepare the deployment such that any non-technical person could boot to a network server and have the system automatically imaged).

Anything you can tell me about exactly how you hope to accomplish this and the tools/expertise available to do it would be helpful in giving you a meaningful answer.

Good luck!

Windows 7

PowerEdge Tech