Windows 7/blue screen error message

Question
My computer shuts down, sometimes 4 times a day, sometimes once a week and displays the following message:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer.  If this screen appears again, follow these steps
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.  If this is a new installation, as your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.  Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x0000004 (0X000000000000003, 0XFFFFFA80058A3060, 0XFFFFA80058A3340, 0XFFFFF80002B92D50)
Collection data for crash dump …
Initializing disk for crash dump …
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance"
There's no new installations.  Anything that I can do to keep this from happening?
Thanks,
Chris

Answer
Hi Chris,
From what I have been able to find the stop error you are getting may be hardware related.  Unfortunately the only way to fix this issue is to trouble shoot it using several methods.

You may be able to get into windows, if so you should be prompted with a Windows Error recovery window, if so send the error report that could tell you the problem.

If you do not get the Windows Error Recovery Window or sending the error report does not help, uninstall any new software or hardware.  If no new software or hardware has been installed trouble shooting can get more complicated.

First check you memory for errors using MemTest.  You can download it here http://www.memtest.org/.  If any errors are found and you have multiple sticks of memory each stick of memory will need to be tested individually until you find the bad one, then replace it.  Burn it to a CD then boot off that CD, the program will automatically begin testing your memory.

If your memory is not bad you will need to either remove all non-essential hardware from your computer, IE printers, all USB device (except keyboard, some systems complain if there is not key board, try another one if you have one.)  You may have to disable some hardware from with in BIOS.  Once all hardware is disable or removed, reboot the system, if the reboot is successful shut the system down and add or enable a piece of hardware until you found the culprit or have added or enabled all hardware.

Make sure all your drivers are up to date

Make sure all your software (adobe, Java, Windows etc) are up to date with the latest versions.

If you have any doubts about performing any of the steps I have listed please ask a follow up question or consult a PC Technician.

More on this stop error can be found at the links below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329284
https://www.google.com/#output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=STOP:+0x0000004&oq=STOP:+0x0000004&gs_l=hp.12...2382.2382.0.5089.1.1.0.0.0.0.90.90.1.1.0...0.0...1c.2.17.psy-ab.X3YEsQ_IhAI&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47883778,d.dmg&fp=ac4003ce24345e25&biw=1225&bih=641

Kevin

Windows 7

Kevin