Windows 7/slow downloads part 2

scott wrote at 2013-06-14 21:45:34
HI all

I am just assuming here that the issue is a slow pc?

One thing I recommend is to always check Windows event viewer that is in control panel/admin tools.  Check the system logs and look for red or yellow messages.  It could be that your hard drive is mechanically on its way out and you may well see issues with "NTFS" or "error event ID 7" or even "atapi" "badblocks".  

If you see any these you will need a new hard drive.

Sometimes windows isn't able to log drive errors, I would download crystaldiskinfo a small program that uses the SMART data from the hard drive and will give you a clear RED, YELLOW and BLUE and all the data if you are more technical

hope this helps

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.