Windows 7/Keyboard Shortcuts

Question

I am looking for a way to program keyboard shortcuts into my computer.  I have Windows 7.  When I respond to emails, I often have to repeat the same things.  It would be nice if I could program my computer so that I could hit a few keys to spell out a sentence or two that I often have to write out.

I have not been able to find how to do this on the Internet.

Do you know how to do this?  I use American Online for email usually.

Thanks!

Answer
Personally, I just keep certain phrases in NOTEPAD and copy/paste them as needed... like the signature at the bottom of this reply to you. If you were using a real mail program like Outlook 2013, you could set up Autocorrect items for short phrases. For longer phrases you could even program macros.

I'd recommend searching the web for a 3rd-party utility that you can use to insert blocks of text with a single click. I've seen some before but I haven't used anything like this in YEARS.

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

Windows 7

Richard Rost