Windows 7/Windows 7 Validation

I've had my Toshiba Laptop for 1 month now and just today I got a message saying that my Windows 7 is not activated and may be counterfeit. I can't afford to pay $109.00 for the product key. How do I fix this?

Hello Leeann

Flip your laptop over as there should be the product activation key underneath.  I would first suggest restarting the computer and then RIGHT CLICK on my computer and choose PROPERTIES. There you will see the product information about your laptop and see if it is or is not already activated. If it isn't then click to activate and allow it to do it automatically. If it fails, then choose 'enter new key' and enter the key from the sticker on the bottom. If that fails then go through the telephone support. It is automated (not a human) and will present you with a long key that you will have to repeat. It will then ask you "on how many computers is this for?" or something like that.. you just say 'one" and that should do it.  Note that you will only have to choose telephone activation if the online one fails.

Hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.