Windows 7/posting web picture as desktop background

hello! in the past I was easily able to transfer web pictures as desktop background
I recently purchased a Toshiba 4540s probook laptop and was able to do the same   a few days ago I was adjusting the different colors and now have a dark blue as the desktop color   but now I cannot put a we picture there   do you think you could help me and also tell me my mistake

tank you

What you are going to want to do is RIGHT click anywhere on the desktop and choose PERSONALIZE
Then from the options that come up, select desktop background and then 'browse to folder' that you want to use as your desktop background.  Personally I create a folder within my pictures library called "desktop background'  and then I copy the various pictures I want to use. Then from that location I just told you, have it browse to that folder. That way you can then change the shuffle order and time (I set mine to every hour) and it will go through those pictures you choose Of course you can choose just one picture but with this option you can select as many as you want.

You can also view the video microsoft makes to help you through this here:

Hope this helps.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting  

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.