Windows 7/desktop icons

I have a Windows 7 desktop computer.  I took it in to get fixed as the fan was making noise (it was replaced)and it had another issue. He took out Incredimail and put in Windows Live as he thought it Icredimail was causing the problem. The problem,,,my desktop icons quiver and flash, maybe come on and then go off. THe computer guy in the shop could not find anything wrong,,,when it was there. It is still not right.

There's really not much I can do to help you with this from here. Without seeing your computer, I really can't tell what the problem is. It could be anything from a bad video cable connection to a video card driver that needs an update. I've seen just about everything you can think of cause problems like this. I'd recommend finding a DIFFERENT, credible, local computer repair shop.

Windows 7

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any questions about how to use Microsoft Windows 7. Also, please be sure to check the Windows Tips & Tricks and Windows 7 Tutorials sections of my web site.

I have been using Windows 7 since before it was released. I have been using all versions of Windows since the early 90s. I have been an Expert here on AllExperts for many years in the topics of Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.

I am the author of THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE to MICROSOFT EXCEL 2010. I have created a line of Windows computer tutorials online at and

Personally, I am self taught. I've learned everything I know from books and trial & error. If I don't know the answer, I know how to find it.

I have over 20,000 happy clients worldwide.