Windows 7/dll

my Asus runs windows 7 prof, I noticed two dllhost.exe Com surrogate processes in Task manager; one runs on system, the second one on my user name; the first one is always open, the second opens and closes every couple of seconds. The only problem it creates, is that it prevents my pc from going in standby. I checked in properties, they appear to be the same file (about 2.300 KB even if one is about 100 KB bigger), same data creation... a few days ago, I disinstalled NERO burning rom, the dllhost.exe on my username disappeared and screensaver ran; after few days it appeared again and screensaver didn't go. I ran scf/scannow, but everything was allright... TYVM for your help

Hello Riccardo

If your computer is not going to sleep it is usually due to malware/spyware or a device driver not functioning correctly. Most of the time the driver is your display driver therefore you should make sure you are up to date with all system software drivers and windows updates. When you go to the windows updates, be sure to choose all optional ones which may include system drivers but I would also suggest disabling the windows defender as I suggest using Avast antivirus (free) and then keeping your system free and clear from the malware/spyware by using Malwarebytes, Spywareblaster, and CCLEANER.

Visit my website at and read the TIPS page on OPTIMIZING your computer and then go to the SOFTWARE/SUPPORT page and install the items from the PINK section as they will help with the ongoing cleaning, removal and maintenance from the malware/spyware issues that cause most of the issues you are currently faced with. CCLEANER does an awesome job of removing old registry entries, as well if you utilize the TOOLS/start up section you will find you can disable items that you do still want to keep installed but simply not running on start up.

I hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.