Windows 7/Windows Live Mail

I have just purchased a new laptop and want to set up my contacts from my old computer.
My laptop is running 8.l and my old computer is running Vista which I have upgraded to 8.1
I have many contacts because I have a small home based business and I just would like a bit of help with that.
I have six groups as well on my email that I have the customers in so that it is east to send certain emails to certain groups.
Thank you for contacting me

Hello Adelle

What you are going to want to do is visit the following microsoft website help on importing your contacts in windows live mail from this link:

Next you need to note that windows 'live mail' is now '' and so in order to make things easier with regards to creating groups and managing your contacts you will want to visit the following website:

I believe between these two websites you should be all set.

Happy Holidays!

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.