Windows 7/IE

A friend suggested to me that  internet explorer actually causes long term damage to windows or the hardware hence why she uses Chrome. Any knowledge of any such thing? Also I currently use Windows 8 which overall has been a hassle. I find I can save word files with new names but can't replace old files by using the same file name. It just doesn't work. Is this a common issue with windows 8?

I've never heard of IE causing any kind of damage to Windows. The thought that it could damage HARDWARE is silly, and that right there would cause me to question anything your friend suggested.

Windows 8 is different. There is a bit of a learning curve to navigate the new interface. In my tutorials, I teach you how to make Windows 8 look and feel more like Windows 7 if you like.

Windows 7

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any questions about how to use Microsoft Windows 7. Also, please be sure to check the Windows Tips & Tricks and Windows 7 Tutorials sections of my web site.

I have been using Windows 7 since before it was released. I have been using all versions of Windows since the early 90s. I have been an Expert here on AllExperts for many years in the topics of Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.

I am the author of THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE to MICROSOFT EXCEL 2010. I have created a line of Windows computer tutorials online at and

Personally, I am self taught. I've learned everything I know from books and trial & error. If I don't know the answer, I know how to find it.

I have over 20,000 happy clients worldwide.