Windows 7/Oracle and Java Update Pop-ups

Each time I sign on, or intermittently, I receive a pop-up screen which requests that I update Oracle or Java.
I click on "No" and it disappears.
Obviously a can I get rid of that annoyance.
Thanks for volunteering.

Hi Nicholas!

It's not a bug ... that is how the Java updater works.

You can get rid of it one of three ways:

1. Update Java. Most of the updates are security-related, so it is a good idea to update it (just be sure to uncheck the box for any additional software that might be installed during the process).

2. Turn off updates. Go to Control Panel, Java, and change the update frequency.

3. Uninstall Java. If you uninstall it, however, it is very likely that you will run across something on the web again that will require that it be reinstalled.

Feel free to follow up with any additional questions you might have.

Good luck!

Windows 7

PowerEdge Tech

I can answer nearly all questions about Windows 7 - installation, upgrade, virtualization (XP Mode and beyond), configuration, how to get the most out of it, how to buy it, etc. I won't pretend to know it all - nobody can - if I don't know, I will try and find the answer. If I can't find it, I'll tell you.

I worked as an analyst in Dell server support for 2 years, and have since worked with many Dell PowerEdge servers. I am currently employed as IT Manager. I have been using Windows 7 since the early Beta days.

I have a BS in Computer Science and have earned the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, A+, Project+; CIW Web Design, Database Specialist; Microsoft Windows 7; Dell DCSE Server. I am also an expert in Windows 7, Servers, and Hard Drives (I don't normally do XP - not because I don't know it inside and out, but because I have "retired" personal support for XP, and I want to see it die :)).