Windows 7/trying to go from windows xp 32-bit to windows 7 64-bit

Question
I am running windows xp 32 bit and am trying to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit. My motherboard will support the 64 bit and I would like to be able to expand the RAM that is why I am interested in switching from 32 bit. I would like to know if I can use the windows 7 OEM system builder disk or do I need to have an actual upgrade disk to do this. I am also wondering if the windows 7 upgrade disk is 32 bit or 64 bit because it does not specify like the OEM does. I am more of an itermediate computer person and have had windows xp forever. The machine I am using was built at home and has been internally upgraded three times between the motherboard and video cards and hard drives because I use it mostly for gaming. I am just trying to upgrade and change my operating system without having to purchase a whole new computer. Thank you.

Answer
hi There

although you can upgrade the old xp, Its highly recommended you DONT.  Also you cant upgrade from 32 to 64 bit.

Windows 7 installation disk has ALL versions, you simply wait for the list to come up and obviously pick 64bit.

regards

scott  

Windows 7

scott bartholomew