Windows 7/Hard drive question (sorta)..

Question
Howdy!
I recently bought a used computer (Dell Optiplex 980) running Windows 7 to replace an older computer running Windows XP.
I found out that the version of Windows 7 on the computer was a bootleg version, so I bought a legitimate version (Windows 7 Ultimate) to install.
During installation, I found out that the hard disk had two partitions.  I would prefer to only have one...and I would like to wipe the disk clean before I try and install my new Windows 7.
My questions:  1.  How do I wipe the hard drive clean so I can install Windows 7 without any conflicts with older system files, etc.?  And 2. How do I delete the two separate partitions, and just create a single partition on my hard drive?  (I guess a single partition would work, right?)
Any suggestions, advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Warm regards,
David

Answer
Hi David!

When you boot to the Windows 7 media to install, when you get to the point where you select the location of the installation, click on Disk Options, then delete any/all partitions listed there.  Once they are deleted, you can simply click Install to the single piece of Unpartitioned Space on the disk.  Keep in mind that Windows will create TWO partitions by default - one 100MB partition for boot/recovery files, and one partitions with the remaining space, which it will call C:.

Feel free to follow up with any additional questions you might have!

Good luck!

Windows 7

PowerEdge Tech