Windows 7/Win7 Data Usage over Router

Question
Hi
My data usage has become quite high for home.  100 gig per month.
I have a list of times and date of some examples from 1g to 2.5 gig from my ISP over the last few days, they cannot however tell me the IP on which the data was from or the IP that the data was stored.
I have at home 2 laptops on wireless to router, and had 1 capable TV(cable now disconnected)and rarely used.
How do I find the IP info so I can ascertain what program is using this data, or even if my wireless has been hijacked.
Have looked at a lot of 'monitors' but they get too complicated for me.  Just want to know how to find the IP in and out.
Do I interrogate the router ? or is the info on the 3 machines
Thankyou

Answer
Hi Charles!

You can usually get this in two places:

Your router may or may  not give you the correct information - it depends on how your ISP has you connected to the Internet and how your network is set up. The easiest way to find out your external IP address - the address by which you are identified on the Internet - is to type "what is my ip" into your favorite search engine. Those sites will display the IP address you hit their site with. Any and all devices connecting to the Internet through your ISP/Internet connection will be seen on the Internet by the same IP address.

Problem:  Most ISP's give their customers "dynamic" IP addresses, which mean they can change from time to time.  While there is no specific timeframe that they will stay with one connection and are subject to change at any time, they "usually" remain unchanged for weeks or months at a time.  In areas where the ISP is expanding operations, this address may change more frequently as more and more devices connect to their service.

You can usually order a "static" IP address from your ISP, but it usually costs between $5-10 extra per month.

If you are concerned your wireless is being hijacked, make sure you have a password set to access your wireless network.

Feel free to follow up with any additional question you might have!

Good luck!

Windows 7

PowerEdge Tech