Windows 7/Windows 7 question...

Question
Arjun,
I recently installed Windows 7 - Professional on a Dell Optiplex 980.
During installation, I created one account (named DAVID) and set it to "Administrator" type.  Then I created another account (named LEE for my sister to use) and set it to "Administrator" type, as well.
But now both of these accounts have been reset to "Standard User" type.
How can I reset both these accounts to "Administrator" type, and then set it up so that Windows 7 can't just go in and reset them back to "Standard User"?"

Answer

First of all whenever you install Windows 7 Machines, then by default Administrator account is disabled. If you are ready to reformat this laptop again then my suggestion will be to format it and enable default administrator account.

There are some various options available to get the administrator privileges to the standard users but it's something not recommended.

Arjun

Windows 7

Arjun Vyavahare