Windows 7/That weird Roxio issue

Question
Kevin there was no 'ask for follow up' button on the page with your last answer.
You said this:
<<I'm about to run out of ideas at this point because there's no errors. One last thing I can think of now is to check the Windows Event Log. Try installing it again and check the event viewer to see if there are any error or warning messages.>>

I went and found the entry in the Event Viewer and it says this:
<<Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate. Product Version: 1.1.110. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Roxio. Installation success or error status: 0.>>

Actually there were many entries for the roxio installation because the program has many components. All the entries make it look like the install was perfectly normal.
I'm out of ideas too. I've never seen this happen.

Answer
Hi Dave,

I'm stumped on this one just like you. Everything looks good and you tried everything that I can think of that might be causing the problem.

Even though this might not be the issue since it didn't mention an error, you can try repairing the Windows Installer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651

Look under Resolution section for link to run the FixIt program.

Last thing is to reach out to Roxio if you haven't done so already.

Kevin.

Windows 7

Kevin Hou