Windows 7/activation Win 7 after fresh installation

I read that so many people have problems to active Win 7 after they have done a fresh re-installation.
I want to do this because my PC is now so slow that I want to format the HD and re-install Win 7
I have an installation disk and a serial number : should I be afraid to go ahead?

Hello Ferdinand

I can completely understand your concerns with regards to activation however you are in very good shape having both the windows cd and the license key.  You should have no troubles as you can typically do this sort of thing a few times, especially if they are done many months or years apart, without any problems. If you find that it doesn't do the automatic authentication then it will provide you with a toll free phone number for your area that you call and go through another automated process. You will enter the keys as requested and it will then proceed to give you a new set of numbers. If at any time it has a problem it will ask you "how many machines is this being used on?" or something to that nature, which of course you will answer "only one".. this because it will have recognized the key had already been used but you will then get the activation codes. Worst case scenario you will be redirected to a live human being and they will ask the same question. Once you answer correctly (one only) then you will be given the access code. It only takes a few minutes and you may not even need this.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.