Windows 7/windows7 updates not installing

For the last month Windows has been trying to install the same 14 automatic downloads but failed. I have tried most if not all the solutions without success. I didn't detect the "dnetc.exe", virus, tried to download/install each item from the Windows website, used windows troubleshooting, and more.

Will you help by giving me more resources or specific actions to solve this problem.

Hello Earl

The first thing I would be doing is checking your current antivirus. Personally I suggest using the Free AVAST antivirus as it does what you need and nothing more. Although if you are going to use it, choose CUSTOM install and then de-select everything in the middle column as they are additional tools that are not needed, and will only cause performance issues.  Next, you should be confirming that you are free and clear from all malware and spyware issues. I suggest visiting my website at and read my TIPS page on OPTIMIZING your computer and then go to the SOFTWARE/SUPPORT page where I suggest installing things like CCLEANER, MALWAREBYTES, SPYWAREBLASTSER and SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY and run full scans.  You can learn how to use CCLEANER to its optimum capabilities from this link:

Once you have done this go and run a belarc advisor scan as it will tell you what windows updates are missing and you can then click on each file individually and choose to install using the Professional IT link instead of the windows update site. (choose the second link option in each case)
Belarc advisor can be installed from this link through my website :

In almost all instances of problems with installing windows updates, I have found it is quite often due to items running on start up which can be addressed by using the CCLEANER tools, as well as the antivirus you are using--blocking too many things, in which case temporarily disabling this should also fix that problem. But note this disabling should only be done if you are still having troubles installing individually through the links provided by the belarc advisor. Noting that many times your windows update will report you have certain updates to install when in fact you don't.

Let me know how you make out with this and if you have any further issues.

I hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.