Windows 7/transferring data from phone to pc

I cannot find this anywhere online!  I want to transfer my phone contacts and text messages to my computer--and then be able to open and read them!!

Can you help?

ANSWER: Hello Robin

Without knowing what format your phone uses I can't help you further. IE: is it an Apple Iphone or an Android phone or a Windows phone?

Knowing this I can then point you in the right direction.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

QUESTION: Sorry about is Android 4.4.2 jellybean, Boost Mobile service (owned by Sprint),  a Samsung Galaxy S3.  My computer is Windows.  I have Windows 7 and a laptop with Windows 8.

Thanks much,

Hello Robin

You are going to want to install the not so great Samsung Kies software.. I say not so great because in the earlier builds it was somewhat temperamental but it is not too bad now.

Here is the website link to download the appropriate software:

Note if you have a google account, which you will if you use an android phone then all you really need to do to get your contacts,etc is to open the chrome browser (for favorites/bookmarks so long as you are signed in to your chrome account) and open gmail to get your email and contacts

But Kies will do all other stuff

I personally love evernote for all notes, etc that you can easily sync to your desktop by also installing evernote for your desktop.

Check it out here:

Hope these links help get you going.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.