Windows 7/upgrade to win 7

Question
I am upgrading from xp to windows 7 pro. My windows xp has been getting sluggish ever since ms stopped supporting it. I can re-install xp from a partitioned drive to make it good as new. Should I do that before installing windows 7? I want to be sure i have a clean pc before the install.

Answer
Hi There

I would never upgrade XP to win7, always fresh install Win7

Do you intend to have a dual boot system?  If you do then you always install the oldest operating system first.

I take it you mean you have a recovery partition with winxp on your drive? Dont forget that this will be an old image and you would have to update probably years of updates.

The fact that there are no new updates for XP shouldnt make it slow, try checking you harddrive for errors, free programs such as crystaldiskinfo will tell if it has problems.

regards

scott

Windows 7

scott bartholomew