Windows 7/Win7 Transfer

I have a Laptop and Desktop that both have Win7 64 Bit.

I kno on my Desktop I have to click Internet Icone then click Network and Sharing Center.

Then click Home Network.

Then click Computer Icone then Network.

Now anything in here will be shared if I right click on it and click Propeties then click Share.

The I see a video on YouTube that says make a Network Group first and this is more like it.

But my Laptop is conected to my Wi Fi Router already because I can Print with it.

So I am lost can you help?

Hello Bob

Your subject mentions 'transfer' so if you are wanting to transfer all of your data from one computer to the other then you may want to use the easy transfer method, over the network you can learn more from this link:

If it is wanting to set up and utilize the HOMEGROUP file sharing then visit the following site for information on setting this up:

with regards the HOMEGROUP .. so long as you are on the same network and you are set to HOME and not OFFICE or PUBLIC network then you will be able to set up the homegroup.. following the link above should make it simple as it will let you know if one of the settings is incorrect.

Hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.