Windows 7/slow netbook

Question
  I run the computer that records service at church with the video camera installed on this netbook.  We put sermons on Youtube.  We have a HP mini 210.  It only gets used on Sundays and it is about 2 years old.  It is soooooo slow to the point of sometimes being useless.  I put Advanced System Care and it has the usage of ram and CPU and it is often at 99% for both even when doing nothing.  It didn't used to be this way.  I defrag and run Advanced System Cleaner once a week.  I know these netbooks are terrible but I didn't think it would be this bad.
  I am tempted to restore the Windows 7 starter but am afraid something will mess up and it will be totally useless.  Right now it can be used if awfully slow.  What do you think?

Answer
it sounds like you have some kind of service or program running that is using up your memory.  you could try starting it up in safe mode and seeing if its still slow, it isnt then you will know its a software issue.  You could then use msconfig.exe to start turning off auto runs and services one by one until you the issue. also some of those programs you install to maintain your pc sometimes run a defrag on start up if they miss the set time, a defrag whilst trying to use make it really slow!

regards

scott

Windows 7

scott bartholomew