Windows 7/Win 7 and keyboard software

I have a Logitech keyboard G510S.  This keyboard has LCD display that shows the current CPU and RAM among time, etc.  Recently, after working perfectly fine for several months, the LCD display will freeze, will not give anymore info and will stay at the last info, say, CPU 2% RAM 33%.This happens each time  AFTER the computer is recovering from a stand by position. Typing keys are fine.  Keys that control the LCD display won't work.   Unplugging the KB USB and re plugging it, and all is fine again.    I tried this KB on my laptop and it is working fine. I tried changing  USB ports, same.  Uninstalling and re installing the KB program did not solve it either. Changed the time period in Power Option, Power Plans, Turn off display and Sleep, same.   This is not a hardware problem but the way that the KB software is engaging with Windows 7.  

Thank you.

Hello Gabe

Actually this one was pretty easy... a quick search resulted in hundreds of people having the sasme problem.  It doesn't appear that Logitech really cares to fix it either but thanks to the industrious users that know a little code, they have created a fix.  The following is copied from one of the forums:

Logitech Gaming Software (LCore) hibernate/sleep fix
‎07-06-2011 04:41 PM

I've been experiencing the problem that others have when their computer resumes/wakes from hibernation and the G15 screen fails to update. I've been able to kill the LCore process and restart it, but I wanted to automate this so I wouldn't have to do it every single time. Soooo I wrote a little app that runs in the background and automatically restarts LCore when your computer wakes up. It's on my website here: I've got a shortcut in my Start Menu's Startup folder so this program is always running. Have fun!

Again, the fix is a small software program that you install that will reset the keyboard from hibernation/standby and can be found at this link:

Hope this solves things for you.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.