Windows 7/new laptop

Hi,  I'm thinking of buying a new laptop.  Right now I have an HP with Windows 7, IE9 and I'm happy.  The new HP laptops come with Windows 10
and everyone tells me I won't be happy with Windows 10.  Do ALL the new
laptops come with Windows 10?  Will I have no choice?   If it comes
with Windows 10, can I change it to Windows 7 or does it have to keep
what it comes with?  Thanks!

Hi Andee!

Don't worry about Windows 10 ... you will love it.

I obviously don't know if you will like or dislike Windows 10, no more than anyone else who tells you you will hate it.

Windows 10 is truly a "good" operating system, and in MANY ways a far superior OS to Windows 7. It is not exactly the same, so there are bound to be a few things that are different that you may or may not like.

No, not all computers come with Windows 10. Soon, computer manufacturers will not be allowed to sell computers with Windows 7 installed on them, but right now, most computers that currently come with Windows 7 though are business computers. The price will usually be higher for business machines, and the design may not be as modern or cool as the consumer machines. If you purchase a machine with Windows 10, you don't have to keep it - you can install whatever version of Windows you want on it, but you either have to buy Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL version and do a "downgrade" or you have to buy a new license for a different Windows version.

I suggest you first give Windows 10 a fair shot.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Good luck!  

Windows 7

PowerEdge Tech

I can answer nearly all questions about Windows 7 - installation, upgrade, virtualization (XP Mode and beyond), configuration, how to get the most out of it, how to buy it, etc. I won't pretend to know it all - nobody can - if I don't know, I will try and find the answer. If I can't find it, I'll tell you.

I worked as an analyst in Dell server support for 2 years, and have since worked with many Dell PowerEdge servers. I am currently employed as IT Manager. I have been using Windows 7 since the early Beta days.

I have a BS in Computer Science and have earned the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, A+, Project+; CIW Web Design, Database Specialist; Microsoft Windows 7; Dell DCSE Server. I am also an expert in Windows 7, Servers, and Hard Drives (I don't normally do XP - not because I don't know it inside and out, but because I have "retired" personal support for XP, and I want to see it die :)).