Windows 7/Fonts

Hello: I have Win7 Home Premium.I found a website that lets you upload a sample of your handwriting,and create your own unique font,all for free:  It works quite well,but I had to play around with it to get a good result.
Dumb question: If I send someone a document in my own special font,would they need the TTF file to be installed on their computer to read the document in my font?

Hello Michael

Yes, you are quite right, they would require the font be installed on their computer otherwise the computer will use something that is similar. Since this is a "truetype font" it will go through other truetype fonts on their computer, matching one that is similar.. my guess would be comic sans most likely.. that is, unless they have their settings for fonts to use a specific default when one is not installed.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.