Windows 7/laptop freezes and restart till graphic recovered

Question
Hello Kevin

I couldn't find the appropriate category.  Hope you can help.

I am using windows 7 premium 64 bit edition and AMD display card.

Lately my laptop will start freezing with a distorted screen display followed by the blue screen and the laptop will restart. This keeps repeating until a notification at the bottom of the right-hand side of the screen saying "amd display driver has stop functioning and has recovered".

This happen frequently lately.

Please advise.  Thank you.

Sincerely

Eddie

Answer
Hi there

The message you are getting is obviously indicating an issue with your graphics card.  You could check "windows event viewer" in control panel to see if any further information is logged, it could be over heating which would mean checking the thermal paste on the graphics card(a hardware issue).

Another issue could be corrupt drivers for the graphics card.  You could run the uninstall program and then re-download fresh drivers from AMDs web site and install.

Regards

scott

Windows 7

scott bartholomew