Windows 7/wavin

Hello again Mike,
I re-installed Win 7 Home Premium (motherboard Asus M5a 78L-M LX)
- some of my progs/apps wouldn't work correctly, giving messages "No Wavein Device" and similar
So I loaded Realtek High definition Audio Driver R2.75 but still have no Wave Device. How can I correct this?

Hello David

You should be installing the drivers directly from the Asus driver support website and not just some random driver, even if it is using realtek. As well, you are going to need to check your bios settings for the way you have the audio set up.

If you have a 64 bit windows 7 then make sure you have the correct 64bit driver.The driver listed below includes both.

Here is the link to the driver tools you will want to use:

I note the driver shows  Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.6526 for Windows Win7 32bit & Win7 64bit---(WHQL).

You should install all the other drivers including the chipset and the latest bios

AMD Chipset Driver V1.3.2.54 for Windows 32bit/64bit Vista & Win 7.

M5A78L-M LX BIOS 1603

stay away from the beta versions, especially if you are already having issues.

Finally, read their FAQ's here:

quite often it is something simple.. for example the FAQ "no audio output from front panel jack" --makes mention of the bios as I stated from the following answer:

I hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting  

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.