Windows 7/Lost Password

Question
Hello
I have a Lenovo  ThinkPad and have lost the password  to log on to the administrator icon.
Will you help me to remove the old password so I can get back in to make some changes on my computer.
Computer is running W-7 and I DO NOT have the restore disk.
Thank You
Lynwood

Answer
If you have another account on the computer that has administrative rights you can login to that account and change the password.

If you do not have another administrator account on the computer you will need to download a program such as Offline Password changer. Offline Password Changer is a Linux based program that is capable of changing Windows passwords. If you go this route the best thing is to just remove the password or blank it, then reset it again once in Windows.

Windows 7

Computers Unlimited LLC