Windows 7/Slow start of computer

QUESTION: Hi and thank you in advance for your help.

When I start Google Chrome in the morning, my computer starts working in the background and slows my using of the computer to the point that I start it then go do something else for ten minutes till I can start using my computer again.
Only happens first thing in the morning.
I have a HP with Windows 7 home addition
HP seems to have its own system check of my computer and I have often thought that might be slowing things down.
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

The first thing I would try is to clean up the junk files on your computer.  CCleaner is good for that.

After installing it Check all check boxes under the Windows and Applications tab except for any of the ones that say "Save Passwords" if you have the web browser save your passwords for websites. Also under the Windows tab do not check the last check box "Wipe Free Space".

After running CCleaner perform the following steps:
2. Update and scan computer with Spybot Search and Destroy
3. Update and scan scan computer with Malwaebytes
4. Update and scan scan computer with the installed antivirus. If you need one we recommend AVG

QUESTION: I did all of your suggestions and it's just as slow as before we talked.

Any other thoughts?

Hi Bob
Sorry it took so long to respond.

The next thing we would try is:
Open a command prompt by clicking start and typing Cmd
A window with a black background and white lettering will open
Type fsutil dirty set C: and press enter
Restart the computer.

This will check the file system and verify all the files on the drive.

Windows 7

Computers Unlimited LLC

Computers Unlimited LLC can answer question in many areas of Windows 7 including installing, upgrading, downgrading and updating Windows 7. We can also answer question about security issues such as malware and virus removal.

15 years experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting, Windows based Operating Systems

2 Associate degrees in Information Technology 6 Career Study Certificates Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems