Windows 7/internet explorer couldn't start after changing graphics

Question
Hello computers unlimited

I couldn t find the right category. Hope you can help.

I am using windows 7 premium 64 bit. There are 2 graphics in the laptop. One is amd Radeon 6630 and the other is intel graphics. My Radeon has been crashing. So I uninstall it and use the intel graphics. (Anyway after uninstall in My computer, device manager, display adapter the icon is still there.)

The problem is when i click on internet explorer 11 the blue screen will come up and I have to restart. Same thing happens if I click on internet explorer again.

Initially it happens in Google chrome. But in catalyst manager I switched chrome to power saving mode and it solved the problem. But I couldn't with internet explorer 11.

Please advise. Thank you.

Sincerely

Eddie

Answer
Hi Eddie,
Is this a laptop or desktop? Never seen a laptop with two video cards, let alone from two manufacturers. With a desktop this is quite frequent.

Sounds like you have a corrupted driver. Whether this is a laptop or desktop Intel and AMD as well as all hardware manufacturers will release updated drivers for the hardware they have produced and sold. These drivers can be downloaded from their website. If the video cards are not too old both, Intel and AMD have software that maybe be able to detect your hardware and the current version of drivers installed and let you know if an update is available.

To download the Intel® Driver Update Utility click here  and select Update Drivers>

To download the AMD utility click here, under Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver click download now.

Windows 7

Computers Unlimited LLC