Windows 7/Lost Icons

Question
I turned on my computer and all my icons was gone about 20. How did that happen? can I get them back all at once or do I have to put them back one by one ?

Answer
hi there

Did you get any unusual windows messages when you logged in?  It sounds like you have been switched to the default profile.  This can happen when yours get corrupt.

when your in windows go to mycomputer and navigate to C:\users and see if the name of your account is there and you have access to open it,check your desktop and documents etc.

if you get a message saying the folder is corrupt, go to the START button and type CMD in the window at the bottom. A small black icon should appear above, now right click on this and "run as admin."  When the black appears activate the window by clicking in it and type CHKDSK /F and press enter and then Y whenit asks you if you want it to perform on reboot.  Now reboot windows.

Let me know how you get on an we will go from there.

Regards

scott

Windows 7

scott bartholomew