Windows 7/when i launch google chrome the blue screen of death will appear

Dear Mike

Hope you can help with the problem.
I am using windows 7 home premium 64 bit genuine version and my laptop is Dell Inspiron 14R.

When I launch google chrome the blue screen of death will appear with the message at the bottom as follows:

Technical information:
STOP: 0x00000116

After that the laptop will restart and a dialog box will appear with the message:
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown
Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:   BlueScreen
 OS Version:   6.1.7600.
 Locale ID:   17417

Additional information about the problem:
 BCCode:   116
 BCP1:   FFFFFA8001BD04E0
 BCP2:   FFFFF88004634244
 BCP3:   0000000000000000
 BCP4:   0000000000000002
 OS Version:   6_1_7600
 Service Pack:   0_0
 Product:   768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

This does not happen with Internet explorer and Mozilla firefox, only with chrome.

Please advise.

Thank you

Hello Chan

Although you provide information on the 'mini dump' error, there is really nothing to view as this is a pretty generic error (thanks to windows).

Since the issue happens when you launch your chrome browser, it is more likely malware related. However it also could be video or memory issues.. The easiest way to confirm, since it isn't the internet explorer browser (which is integrated with your windows operating system), is to completely uninstall the chrome browser, confirm it is cleaned, restart your computer and reinstall the chrome browser.

What I suggest you do is install CCLEANER if you haven't already got this program. It will do the best job at uninstalling and then allowing you to clean the registry as well as check any and all start-up items that may be providing further issues. I also suggest installing Malwarebytes and performing a scan to confirm the all clear BEFORE reinstalling chrome.. The simple fact that you are reinstalling chrome will ensure that you have the latest version of the browser. Once you have installed it again, check the chrome settings and be sure you have it set to open on Google's start page and not "start where you left off" or on some other web page. Since it is quite common for a web browser to become hijacked, whereas the home page becomes a re-direct website and/or worse.. not to mention the start where you left off will continually try to load a website that is causing the problems in the first place.

You can download both ccleaner and malwarebytes as well as the latest chrome through my 'updates' link from my website located here:

you can learn how to get the most out of CCLEANER by visiting the following website:

You can learn how to use malwarebytes by visiting the following website:

I hope this solves your problems

Sincerest Regards

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.